Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Dummer faces cooperative school district decisions
Last year, residents in all three districts voted to establish a cooperative study committee, which has been meeting at least monthly. Recently it has struggled with what exactly its role should be. Should it study the feasibility only, or go further and establish proposed articles of agreement. It voted at its last meeting to look at the feasibility only.
But the bigger concern to Dummer residents was the information on transportation. It showed students would be on the bus at least another 15 minutes each way to get to Gorham, which could mean as much as an hour and a half each way for some students.
Dummer holds its school district meeting and town meeting on the same night, Tuesday, March 11. The school meeting starts at 6 p.m. and the town meeting follows.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 11
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 1
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 1
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 0
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 2
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 3
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection