Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Dummer faces cooperative school district decisions
Last year, residents in all three districts voted to establish a cooperative study committee, which has been meeting at least monthly. Recently it has struggled with what exactly its role should be. Should it study the feasibility only, or go further and establish proposed articles of agreement. It voted at its last meeting to look at the feasibility only.
But the bigger concern to Dummer residents was the information on transportation. It showed students would be on the bus at least another 15 minutes each way to get to Gorham, which could mean as much as an hour and a half each way for some students.
Dummer holds its school district meeting and town meeting on the same night, Tuesday, March 11. The school meeting starts at 6 p.m. and the town meeting follows.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 8
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 6
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings