Showcasing traditional arts at the NH Old House & Barn Expo
In New Hampshire, people have a great appreciation for history and traditional arts. Many communities are home to artisans dedicated to preserving traditional ways of doing things and making things.
At the Old House & Barn Expo, the New Hampshire Preservation Alliance is partnering with the New Hampshire State Council on the Arts’ Traditional Arts Program to highlight the craftsmanship of artisans that relate to old houses and their traditions.
Among the scheduled demonstrations:
• Timber Framing: Presented by members of the Timber Framers Guild
• Stonewall Building: Kevin Fife, Northfield
• Folk Music: Fiona Shea & Madeleine Stewart, Warner (Saturday)
• Folk Music: Ryan & Brennish Thomson, Lee (Sunday)
• Chair Weaving: Vikki Thelemarck, Tamworth
• Windsor Chair Making: Charles Mower, Merrimack
• Tin Smithing: Clinton Pitts, Canterbury
More on these artists at nhpreservation.org.
Bensonwood Homes and Swenson Granite are providing additional support for the showcase.
Other demonstrations during the expo include:
• Window Restoration: Dave Bowers, Weare (Saturday)
• Ask the Expert on Window Restoration: John Leeke, Portland, Maine (Sunday noon to -2 p.m.)
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.