Showcasing traditional arts at the NH Old House & Barn Expo
March 10. 2014 3:22PM
Alicia Spence, of the Timber Framers Guild, uses a hollow chisel mortiser while Bob Spoerl, right, and fellow Guild member Joel McCarty, backround right, work on frame joints with chisels to demonstrate the craft of building a timber frame using historic techniques. The Timber Framers Guild was an exhibitor at last year'ss Old House and Barn Expo at the Center of NH in Manchester. (Bruce Taylor/Union Leader)
At the Old House & Barn Expo, the New Hampshire Preservation Alliance is partnering with the New Hampshire State Council on the Arts’ Traditional Arts Program to highlight the craftsmanship of artisans that relate to old houses and their traditions.
• Timber Framing: Presented by members of the Timber Framers Guild
• Stonewall Building: Kevin Fife, Northfield
• Folk Music: Fiona Shea & Madeleine Stewart, Warner (Saturday)
• Chair Weaving: Vikki Thelemarck, Tamworth
• Windsor Chair Making: Charles Mower, Merrimack
• Tin Smithing: Clinton Pitts, Canterbury
More on these artists at nhpreservation.org.
Other demonstrations during the expo include:
• Window Restoration: Dave Bowers, Weare (Saturday)
• Ask the Expert on Window Restoration: John Leeke, Portland, Maine (Sunday noon to -2 p.m.)