Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest
MANCHESTER — A city man is facing drug charges after officers stopped his truck and found he had $2,000 worth of Oxycodone pills on him, police said.
Scott Lasser, 28, of 138 Lafayette St., was arrested Monday night and charged with possession of a narcotic drug with intent to distribute.
Street crime detectives had set up surveillance in the area of High and Pine streets about 10 p.m. Monday when they saw two people "sitting idly" in a parked truck, according to a news release.
The Special Enforcement Division had extra patrols in the area of 452-456 Pine St. due to increased reports of drug dealing taking place there.
While watching the two in the truck, police said Detective Aaron Brown saw a woman walk over, get inside and then exit about a minute later. Brown could not verify where the woman came from, but police said her actions and mannerisms were consistent with someone buying or selling drugs.
Brown radioed for a patrol car to monitor the truck, which drove off but was ultimately stopped in a parking lot on Market Street, near Franklin Street, for suspected drug activity as well as a defective brake light.
The driver was identified by police as Lasser. His passenger was Jordan Hannah, 25, no address available.
Both stepped out of the truck to speak with officers, and Lasser was arrested a short time later for possession of 67 oxycodone pills. Police said he did not have a prescription for the painkillers.
Police said each pill typically sells for $1 a milligram or about $30 per pill for a street value of $2,010.
Lasser was arraigned Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, where bail was set at $10,000 cash/surety. He is to return to court on March 24 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Total Votes: 917