Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
The proposed $3,682,091 town allocation failed by a vote of 457-382. The default budget is $3,837,639.
The school district budget failed, 634-306, adding nearly $1 million back to the school district stipend.
Kate Walker defeated Dave Eaton, 443-361, for the town's lone three-year seat on the board of selectmen.
Thomas Gilligan and Carl Schaefer each won uncontested school board races and Jodi Moore earned a seat with a successful write-in campaign.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change