Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
The proposed $3,682,091 town allocation failed by a vote of 457-382. The default budget is $3,837,639.
The school district budget failed, 634-306, adding nearly $1 million back to the school district stipend.
Kate Walker defeated Dave Eaton, 443-361, for the town's lone three-year seat on the board of selectmen.
Thomas Gilligan and Carl Schaefer each won uncontested school board races and Jodi Moore earned a seat with a successful write-in campaign.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Manchester police recover puppies after pet store burglary - 0
- 'Fugitive of the Week' surrenders in Manchester - 0
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 7
- 8-day Jewish festival of Hanukkah begins tonight - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Bledsoe, Brady stark contrast in relative success - 1
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Zach O'Brien - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: West has high hopes in Division II - 0
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
Nanny knows best? Don't count on it
Uber debate headed to Manchester City Hall
Manchester man accused of shooting woman
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice