Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
The proposed $3,682,091 town allocation failed by a vote of 457-382. The default budget is $3,837,639.
The school district budget failed, 634-306, adding nearly $1 million back to the school district stipend.
Kate Walker defeated Dave Eaton, 443-361, for the town's lone three-year seat on the board of selectmen.
Thomas Gilligan and Carl Schaefer each won uncontested school board races and Jodi Moore earned a seat with a successful write-in campaign.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed - 11
- Police say Londonderry investigation related to Maine home invasion is ongoing - 0
- Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules - 3
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 1
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules