Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
The proposed $3,682,091 town allocation failed by a vote of 457-382. The default budget is $3,837,639.
The school district budget failed, 634-306, adding nearly $1 million back to the school district stipend.
Kate Walker defeated Dave Eaton, 443-361, for the town's lone three-year seat on the board of selectmen.
Thomas Gilligan and Carl Schaefer each won uncontested school board races and Jodi Moore earned a seat with a successful write-in campaign.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate