Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
The proposed $3,682,091 town allocation failed by a vote of 457-382. The default budget is $3,837,639.
The school district budget failed, 634-306, adding nearly $1 million back to the school district stipend.
Kate Walker defeated Dave Eaton, 443-361, for the town's lone three-year seat on the board of selectmen.
Thomas Gilligan and Carl Schaefer each won uncontested school board races and Jodi Moore earned a seat with a successful write-in campaign.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 27
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m