Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Gorham elects former town clerk selectman, picks Cryans over Kenney for council
On the local level, it was all on the school side.
There were two openings for three-year seats on the GRS Cooperative School Board and three candidates. Gina Saladino and incumbent Barney Valliere won the two seats with votes of 396 and 315 respectively. The third candidate, Robert Balon, got a respectable 82 votes.
There was also a race for one 1-year seat on the school board. Lori Boisselle won that seat over Edwin Giron, with 262 to 174 votes respectively.
Gregory Corrigan ran unopposed for a 1-year at large Shelburne GRS member of the school board. All three towns in the cooperative, Gorham, Randolph and Shelburne, vote for this position.
Grace LaPierre, former town clerk/tax collector, ran unopposed for selectmen and won with 364 votes. A write-in candidate, Terry Oliver, most recently on the town's budget committee, got 24 votes.
All four warrant articles dealing with zoning issues, mainly definitions, passed by the healthy margin.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 16
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads