Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Windham teachers contract approved, conservation purchase fails
A similar item failed at the 2013 elections, when 2,024 citizens were against the teachers' collective bargaining contract as presented.
Also passed was School Article 4, a three-year, $66,247 contract with the district's support staff, and School Article 6, the district's $45,724,106 operating budget.
Vying for the two open board of selectmen seats were Joel Desilets, Dan Guttman and Bruce Breton. Breton and Desilets won the race.
Ken Eyring and Rob Breton won the two open school board seats, beating out fellow contenders Justin Pare, Robert Coole and Sean Donahue.
Town Article 5, asking voters to approve the $860,000 purchase of the Campbell Farm property at 137 Kendall Pond Road for conservation purposes, narrowly failed, as did Town Article 4, which asked voters to approve a $275,0000 public recreation field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection