Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Windham teachers contract approved, conservation purchase fails
A similar item failed at the 2013 elections, when 2,024 citizens were against the teachers' collective bargaining contract as presented.
Also passed was School Article 4, a three-year, $66,247 contract with the district's support staff, and School Article 6, the district's $45,724,106 operating budget.
Vying for the two open board of selectmen seats were Joel Desilets, Dan Guttman and Bruce Breton. Breton and Desilets won the race.
Ken Eyring and Rob Breton won the two open school board seats, beating out fellow contenders Justin Pare, Robert Coole and Sean Donahue.
Town Article 5, asking voters to approve the $860,000 purchase of the Campbell Farm property at 137 Kendall Pond Road for conservation purposes, narrowly failed, as did Town Article 4, which asked voters to approve a $275,0000 public recreation field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law