Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Windham teachers contract approved, conservation purchase fails
A similar item failed at the 2013 elections, when 2,024 citizens were against the teachers' collective bargaining contract as presented.
Also passed was School Article 4, a three-year, $66,247 contract with the district's support staff, and School Article 6, the district's $45,724,106 operating budget.
Vying for the two open board of selectmen seats were Joel Desilets, Dan Guttman and Bruce Breton. Breton and Desilets won the race.
Ken Eyring and Rob Breton won the two open school board seats, beating out fellow contenders Justin Pare, Robert Coole and Sean Donahue.
Town Article 5, asking voters to approve the $860,000 purchase of the Campbell Farm property at 137 Kendall Pond Road for conservation purposes, narrowly failed, as did Town Article 4, which asked voters to approve a $275,0000 public recreation field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fleeing hostile states: Gun makers will travel - 7
- Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents - 22
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 6
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 6
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 7
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride