Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Windham teachers contract approved, conservation purchase fails
A similar item failed at the 2013 elections, when 2,024 citizens were against the teachers' collective bargaining contract as presented.
Also passed was School Article 4, a three-year, $66,247 contract with the district's support staff, and School Article 6, the district's $45,724,106 operating budget.
Vying for the two open board of selectmen seats were Joel Desilets, Dan Guttman and Bruce Breton. Breton and Desilets won the race.
Ken Eyring and Rob Breton won the two open school board seats, beating out fellow contenders Justin Pare, Robert Coole and Sean Donahue.
Town Article 5, asking voters to approve the $860,000 purchase of the Campbell Farm property at 137 Kendall Pond Road for conservation purposes, narrowly failed, as did Town Article 4, which asked voters to approve a $275,0000 public recreation field.
READER COMMENTS: 30
- Thomas Sowell: The legal system exists to prevent mob 'justice' - 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 19
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors