Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Former Sen. Barnes back on Raymond Board of Selectmen
Ed French earned a three-year seat and a two-year seat on the budget committee and was also elected town treasurer, all by write-in votes. He received 175 write-in votes for the position of town treasurer, 22 for the three-year seat on the budget committee and 14 votes for the two-year seat.
Joshua S. Mann was also elected to a three-year seat with 647 votes. The committee will have to appoint the third open position as a result of a tie between write-in candidates West Coates and Auclair, who each received nine votes.
The town's total proposed operating budget of $7,842,014 passed by a vote of 557-328.
Voters rejected a proposal to re-open Carroll Lake Beach on the Lamprey River at a cost of $15,000 by a vote of 477-400. The Beach was closed in 2006.
Voters did pass a citizen's petition warrant article calling for a ban on smoking on recreational property, including Riverside Park, Cammett Field and the Town Common, by a vote of 557-321.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters