Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Former Sen. Barnes back on Raymond Board of Selectmen
Ed French earned a three-year seat and a two-year seat on the budget committee and was also elected town treasurer, all by write-in votes. He received 175 write-in votes for the position of town treasurer, 22 for the three-year seat on the budget committee and 14 votes for the two-year seat.
Joshua S. Mann was also elected to a three-year seat with 647 votes. The committee will have to appoint the third open position as a result of a tie between write-in candidates West Coates and Auclair, who each received nine votes.
The town's total proposed operating budget of $7,842,014 passed by a vote of 557-328.
Voters rejected a proposal to re-open Carroll Lake Beach on the Lamprey River at a cost of $15,000 by a vote of 477-400. The Beach was closed in 2006.
Voters did pass a citizen's petition warrant article calling for a ban on smoking on recreational property, including Riverside Park, Cammett Field and the Town Common, by a vote of 557-321.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'