Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Sunapee voters approve budget, Gottling defeats Augustine for selectman
Voters approved the $11,130,784 school budget by a vote of 397 to 236. A warrant article to add $25,000 to the school district's Special Education Trust Fund passed with a vote of 275 to 259. Voters also agreed to spend $98,195 to replace a section of roof at Sunapee Middle High School.
Kimberly Denny and Shaun Carroll Jr. were elected to the school board. Both candidates ran uncontested.
John Kenny won a seat on the Executive Council with 373 votes. Kenney's opponent, Michael Cryans, received 244 votes.
Sue Gottling was elected to the board of selectmen with 370 votes. Her opponent, John Augustine, received 270 votes.
In a three-way race for two seats on the Water and Sewer Commission Kenneth Meyer came in on top with 310 votes. Douglas Gamsby was also elected to the commission with 295 votes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America