Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
District 1 Executive Council race is a close one
Late results appeared to show Republican former state Sen. Kenney in a close race against Cryans, a Democratic Grafton County commissioner.
In a statement released at 11 p.m., Cryans said his campaign would wait until all results were in.
For the first time since 1981, someone other than Burton will occupy the seat, which he rarely left unfilled while recording a nearly perfect attendance record during his decades on the Executive Council.
Cryans received several key endorsements during the race, including from Gov. Maggie Hassan and members of Burton's family. Kenney also received his share of endorsements, including from the state's top Republican, U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'