Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
District 1 Executive Council race is a close one
Late results appeared to show Republican former state Sen. Kenney in a close race against Cryans, a Democratic Grafton County commissioner.
In a statement released at 11 p.m., Cryans said his campaign would wait until all results were in.
For the first time since 1981, someone other than Burton will occupy the seat, which he rarely left unfilled while recording a nearly perfect attendance record during his decades on the Executive Council.
Cryans received several key endorsements during the race, including from Gov. Maggie Hassan and members of Burton's family. Kenney also received his share of endorsements, including from the state's top Republican, U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 16
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads