Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
District 1 Executive Council race is a close one
Late results appeared to show Republican former state Sen. Kenney in a close race against Cryans, a Democratic Grafton County commissioner.
In a statement released at 11 p.m., Cryans said his campaign would wait until all results were in.
For the first time since 1981, someone other than Burton will occupy the seat, which he rarely left unfilled while recording a nearly perfect attendance record during his decades on the Executive Council.
Cryans received several key endorsements during the race, including from Gov. Maggie Hassan and members of Burton's family. Kenney also received his share of endorsements, including from the state's top Republican, U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 2
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH