Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
District 1 Executive Council race is a close one
Late results appeared to show Republican former state Sen. Kenney in a close race against Cryans, a Democratic Grafton County commissioner.
In a statement released at 11 p.m., Cryans said his campaign would wait until all results were in.
For the first time since 1981, someone other than Burton will occupy the seat, which he rarely left unfilled while recording a nearly perfect attendance record during his decades on the Executive Council.
Cryans received several key endorsements during the race, including from Gov. Maggie Hassan and members of Burton's family. Kenney also received his share of endorsements, including from the state's top Republican, U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner