Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools
Voting takes place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Bartlett Elementary for District 5 voters and Goffstown High schools for District 1.
The budget includes a secretary position, increasing the library media specialist from part time to full time, one special education teacher and increasing summer hours for the custodian at Bartlett Elementary School; hiring an eighth-grade teacher, adding two part-time library assistants and providing a late school bus at Mountain View Middle School; and increasing summer hours for an educational assistant; and installing new exterior locks at Maple Avenue School.
The cost per student in Goffstown is $11,476 and the average annual teacher salary of $52,406 is below the state average of $54,314.
Warrant 3 is asking voters to approve a two-year agreement with Goffstown Education Association, including increases in salaries and benefits of $528,091 in 2014-15, and $394,596 for 2015-16. The first year of the contract would have no tax impact because the district will use the 2.5 percent contingency fund, and insurance premiums from Local Government Center overpayments made in 2010 and 2011 for employee health insurance.
email@example.comCandidates for school board are Jenelle Anne O’Brien, Heather Trzepacz and Steve Dutton. They are running for the three, three-year seats.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two leaders for Senate; Foley in 19, Kenda in 24 - 2
- James Foley; Truth teller - 1
- Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies - 7
- Editorial: Jim Adams The GOP choice in Council Dist. 4 - 0
- NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass. - 13
- Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage? - 7
- Free state garden: Weeding is always good - 30
- August recess: Whither our NH representatives? - 1
- Portsmouth saga: Was this 'Officer Too-Friendly?' - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m