March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery
And forecasters say depending on how much it warms up, the southern tier of the state could see as little as 1-3 inches or a half-foot — or more. The northern half of the state is more likely to hit the snow jackpot, with up to a foot.
The National Weather Service’s station in Concord has recorded 70.5 inches of snow so far. That’s 19.1 inches above winter’s normal, Curtis said.
“We’re all tired of it, but March is normally a stormy month, so this storm is not unusual,” she said. “We have had about 20 inches more than usual in New Hampshire, though, so it is getting to be a lot of snow.”
“If it continues like this, we might have to talk about our budget, but right now we’re okay,” said Gilford Public Works Director Sheldon Morgan, who said his crews have been “shelfing” or cutting back snow banks along roads in the past week, preparing for more snow.
“We are incredibly happy, the more the better,” said Greg Kwasnik, communications director at Loon Mountain ski area in Lincoln.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 15
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it