March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery
And forecasters say depending on how much it warms up, the southern tier of the state could see as little as 1-3 inches or a half-foot — or more. The northern half of the state is more likely to hit the snow jackpot, with up to a foot.
The National Weather Service’s station in Concord has recorded 70.5 inches of snow so far. That’s 19.1 inches above winter’s normal, Curtis said.
“We’re all tired of it, but March is normally a stormy month, so this storm is not unusual,” she said. “We have had about 20 inches more than usual in New Hampshire, though, so it is getting to be a lot of snow.”
“If it continues like this, we might have to talk about our budget, but right now we’re okay,” said Gilford Public Works Director Sheldon Morgan, who said his crews have been “shelfing” or cutting back snow banks along roads in the past week, preparing for more snow.
“We are incredibly happy, the more the better,” said Greg Kwasnik, communications director at Loon Mountain ski area in Lincoln.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change