New president named for Greenland Chief Michael Maloney memorial fund
GREENLAND — Police Sgt. Dawn Sawyer has been chosen as the new president for the Chief Michael Maloney Memorial Fund, with the goal of putting 100 percent of all funds raised toward community enrichment and supporting first responders.
"I'm excited to be involved in keeping Chief Maloney's memory alive while supporting local first responders, assisting students in their educational goals and supporting community projects," Sawyer said.
Tim Maloney, vice president of the board, said he is equally excited about Sawyer's promotion from secretary to presiding over his brother's memorial fund:
"We continue to value Dawn's experience, leadership and ability to take on an incredible amount of work and make something wonderful happen.
The fund was created after the police chief was killed during a drug raid in April 2012.
Since then, the charity has been dedicated to promoting charitable contributions for first responders and providing relief to families and children of New England public safety members who have been killed or injured in the line of duty.
For more information, go to www.chiefmaloney.com
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.