The Nose Knows
Excitement grows for school production of 'My Son Pinocchio Jr'
The club was established to give students in grades five through eight some experience in action both in and out of the spotlight.
"We established a dedication to this club, which I believe was the result of a true passion for theater and the desire to foster its opportunities," said Jennifer Stover, a founding member of the club and its director and choreographer.
"Our policy is to find a place for everyone," Jacobs said. "If there isn't a spot in the cast, we make sure to involve them in a crew."
"This club promotes friendships between 10-year-olds and 14-year-olds and everyone in between," Stover said.
"Walk down the hall at AMS during a Tuesday or Thursday rehearsal, and you'll experience a busy, lively hive of kids who all know their jobs and places," show officials said. "They work with paintbrushes, cameras, computers, costumes and more. They are dancing, singing and rehearsing. It is a well-oiled machine."
"Practice, practice, practice!" Jacobs said. "No one on our Production Staff ever says, 'Oh well, it's good enough for a middle school show.' Everyone involved is always striving to make it the best it can be. And our students are amazingly good at what they do."
"How do you show the inside of a whale?" Jacobs said. "As a period piece, we needed to dress about 55 actors as 19th–century villagers — not to mention additional costumes for fairies, marionettes, animals, perfect children and delinquents. And then there is the small matter of a nose that grows and a puppet that turns into a boy — both on-stage. It is a staggering task."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.