Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash
He was identified by state police as Fritz Etienne, 52 , of Tewksbury, Mass.
According to state police, the crash happened about 9:50 p.m. Etienne was operating a 2000 Peterbilt conversion tractor with an attached Monarch Van Trailer west on Route 9 when the trailer began to slide due to icy roads.
It skidded off the road and into a snow-covered embankment. State police said it appears Etienne tried to get out the driver's side door at some point during the collision.
However, he was pinned underneath the truck and rescue workers from Chesterfield police and fire departments were unable to extricate him. He died at the scene.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call Trooper Rich Camacho at 603-358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over