Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash
He was identified by state police as Fritz Etienne, 52 , of Tewksbury, Mass.
According to state police, the crash happened about 9:50 p.m. Etienne was operating a 2000 Peterbilt conversion tractor with an attached Monarch Van Trailer west on Route 9 when the trailer began to slide due to icy roads.
It skidded off the road and into a snow-covered embankment. State police said it appears Etienne tried to get out the driver's side door at some point during the collision.
However, he was pinned underneath the truck and rescue workers from Chesterfield police and fire departments were unable to extricate him. He died at the scene.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call Trooper Rich Camacho at 603-358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate