Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash
He was identified by state police as Fritz Etienne, 52 , of Tewksbury, Mass.
According to state police, the crash happened about 9:50 p.m. Etienne was operating a 2000 Peterbilt conversion tractor with an attached Monarch Van Trailer west on Route 9 when the trailer began to slide due to icy roads.
It skidded off the road and into a snow-covered embankment. State police said it appears Etienne tried to get out the driver's side door at some point during the collision.
However, he was pinned underneath the truck and rescue workers from Chesterfield police and fire departments were unable to extricate him. He died at the scene.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call Trooper Rich Camacho at 603-358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'