Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash
He was identified by state police as Fritz Etienne, 52 , of Tewksbury, Mass.
According to state police, the crash happened about 9:50 p.m. Etienne was operating a 2000 Peterbilt conversion tractor with an attached Monarch Van Trailer west on Route 9 when the trailer began to slide due to icy roads.
It skidded off the road and into a snow-covered embankment. State police said it appears Etienne tried to get out the driver's side door at some point during the collision.
However, he was pinned underneath the truck and rescue workers from Chesterfield police and fire departments were unable to extricate him. He died at the scene.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call Trooper Rich Camacho at 603-358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection