Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death
Police identified the man as Richard Burhoe, 51, of 165 Conant St. He was struck on Main Street, south of Conant Street.
The accident happened about 8:30 p.m. A preliminary investigation indicates Nicole Hadley, 31, of Manchester was driving a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe south on Main Street, from Conant Street, when she hit the pedestrian.
Burhoe was taken to Catholic Medical Center where he later died.
The collision remains under investigation to determine if speed, alcohol, weather or mechanical defects contributed to it.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call the police Traffic Unit at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 20
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 13
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 10
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 2
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 1
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out