Veterans news in brief
TILTON — Gov. Maggie Hassan will celebrate the wearing of the green with the residents of the New Hampshire Veterans Home on St. Patrick's Day, Monday, March 17.
50th anniversary Vietnam War Commemorative Recognition Day
LONDONDERRY — American Legion Post 27 will host a celebration of the 50th anniversary Vietnam War Commemorative Recognition Day on Saturday, March 29, from 1 to 5 p.m. A potluck lunch served will be served. All current members and their guests are welcomed. The post also invite any veterans to join the celebration.
Derry post plans meat shoot, penny social
DERRY — VFW Post 1617 will hold a meat shoot on Friday from 7:30 to 11 p.m. Music will be provided by B&B. On Sunday, March 16, the post's Ladies Auxiliary will hold a penny social at 2 p.m.
Sweeney Post plan St. Patrick's Day dinner
MANCHESTER — Henry J. Sweeney Post 2 planning the following events:
All events are held at the recently renovated smoke-free facility at 251 Maple St. For information, call 623-9145.
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79, 35 W. Brook St., will hold trivia night at 7 tonight.
On Sunday, March 16, the post will hold its St. Patrick's Day meat raffle at 1 p.m. Reuben's with homemade French fries will be served for $5.
School's Pay It Forward to aid Post 27
LONDONDERRY — This month the Londonderry High School Pay It Forward Team will help Post 27 veterans with bingo at the VA Hospital at 7 p.m. on March 24. Commander
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Veterans Home in Tilton takes on ALS challenge - 0
- Honor Our Veterans event on Aug. 24; free pork roast in Rochester; free pork roast in Rochester - 0
- Homeland Heroes to open "store" in Hudson - 0
- At 73, double amputee Vietnam vet is golfing again with special cart at Manchester CC - 0
- Veterans Home's oldest resident dies at 100 - 0
- Vets charity receives a $150,000 gift - 0
- Veterans News: Coupe De Ville Band plays in Kingston - 0
- Sweeney Post events set - 0
- Mary Tamposi: When our vets suffer in crisis, so does the family - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 1
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate