This Week's Rare Bird Alert
A red-headed woodpecker has been seen on numerous days visiting a birdfeeder in Alstead since about Jan. 1, and was last reported on March 9.
A Barrow’s goldeneye, 333 common goldeneyes, two greater scaup, 20 ring-necked ducks, nine buffleheads, 68 American black ducks, and 21 common mergansers were seen on the Connecticut River above the Vernon Dam in Hinsdale on March 8, and two RED-NECKED GREBES were seen here on the 11th.
Four greater scaup were seen on Paugus Bay, two lesser scaup were seen on the Winnepesaukee River, and a red-necked grebe was seen in Opechee Bay, all in Laconia on March 7.
A pair of peregrine falcons was seen atop the Christian Science Church in Concord, and single birds were reported from Orford, Manchester, and Dover, all during the past week.
A northern goshawk was seen in Hanover on March 7.
A fish crow was reported from Hooksett on March 9, and one was reported from Durham on the 11th.
A killdeer was seen in Dover on March 11, and another was seen in Manchester on the 12th.
A hermit thrush was seen in Newmarket on March 10.
There were several reports of turkey vultures during the past week including seven in Concord, two in Nashua, one in Hanover, and one in Newmarket.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.