Home » News » Public Safety
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
A New Hampshire State police cruiser guards a crash scene, the site of a police-involved shooting Wednesday night (Pat Grossmith/Union Leader)
The prosecutor overseeing the case, Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell, would not address questions about Cox and Nadeau. To identify subjects of an open investigation is to subject them to rank speculation, she said.
Authorities have said that two officers fired their weapons in the Aug. 14 killing of Alex Cora DeJesus, 35, at Lanctot's Plaza on Route 114. Authorities have said the shooting took place during a botched undercover drug operation.
Immediately after the shooting, authorities placed the two officers who fired their weapons on leave but would not identify them. Early last month, prosecutors from the Attorney General's Office named all five officers who participated in the undercover drug operation.
Earlier this year, Velleca said overtime has ballooned in his department; he brought the two officers back for administrative work starting in November. The two are sent on calls in case of emergencies, the chief said.
Nadeau first saw overtime on his Dec. 26 paycheck and has received it sporadically since then.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley