Home » News » Public Safety
Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck
LONDONDERRY - A motorist was transported by helicopter to a Boston hospital after crashing into a utility pole near Sunnycrest Orchards shortly before noontime on Saturday.
Police and fire officials were alerted to the crash at 59 High Range Road shortly at 11:53 a.m.
Arriving on the scene minutes later, medics discovered the vehicleĺs driver and passenger were trapped inside, with the driver unconscious.
Police closed a section of High Range Road as crews from several towns worked to remove the passenger and driver from the vehicle.
A DART helicopter was summoned to nearby Londonderry High School to transport the severely injured driver to Boston, while an ambulance transported the passenger to a nearby hospital.
Crews from Hudson, Derry and Bedford assisted both at the scene and with station coverage.
Public Service of New Hampshire was summoned to the scene to repair the heavily damaged power lines.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll