Home » News » Public Safety
Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck
LONDONDERRY - A motorist was transported by helicopter to a Boston hospital after crashing into a utility pole near Sunnycrest Orchards shortly before noontime on Saturday.
Police and fire officials were alerted to the crash at 59 High Range Road shortly at 11:53 a.m.
Arriving on the scene minutes later, medics discovered the vehicleĺs driver and passenger were trapped inside, with the driver unconscious.
Police closed a section of High Range Road as crews from several towns worked to remove the passenger and driver from the vehicle.
A DART helicopter was summoned to nearby Londonderry High School to transport the severely injured driver to Boston, while an ambulance transported the passenger to a nearby hospital.
Crews from Hudson, Derry and Bedford assisted both at the scene and with station coverage.
Public Service of New Hampshire was summoned to the scene to repair the heavily damaged power lines.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 1
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 25
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 3
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber