Home » News » Public Safety
Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash
Aaron E. Brown, 37, died from injuries sustained in the crash about 1:15 a.m., according to Fish and Game.
Brown was operating a snowmobile on private property behind a residence at 991 Province Road when the accident occurred, according to authorities.
Brown, accompanied by a friend on a separate snowmobile, was riding on a private trail around a small pond. When he reached an earthen dam several hundred yards long, Brown reportedly accelerated in a rapid manner along a trail on the top of the dam, according to Fish and Game. Brown failed to negotiate a right-hand turn at the end of the dam and collided with several trees, authorities said.
Brown was wearing a helmet at the time.
Fish and Game conservation officers responded to the scene along with personnel from the Barnstead police and fire departments, as well as a representative from the state Medical Examiner’s Office.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 1
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw