Man ID'd as kissing sailor in iconic Times Square photograph dies at 86
Glenn Edward McDuffie, who said he was the kissing sailor in the iconic Life magazine photograph, died this month at the age of 86, the Houston Chronicle reported Friday.
"I never thought I needed publicity, just to be somebody," McDuffie told the Chronicle. "But it made me mad they wouldn't recognize it was me."He spent the last years of his life in poor health. His daughter, Glenda Bell, told the Chronicle that when women asked to re-create the photograph with him, he gave them a peck on the cheek.McDuffie, who spent most of his post-war years in Houston, will be buried in a veterans cemetery in Dallas, family members said.said.told the newspaper.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate