Ted Siefer's City Hall: Bramante's 'free' education initiative gets green light
"We ask for no funding from the schools," he told the board. "We believe there are lots of people who will want to see this work, and the money will come."
- - - - - - - - -
Timing can be everything. Maybe this explains the brusque response Mayor Gatsas gave to a motion from Ward 8 school board member Erika Connors at the school board meeting. It was late into an already long session, around 10:30 p.m., when she proposed eliminating the residency requirement for administrators in the district.
Some back story: Gatsas is a big fan of having department heads reside in the city, and he pushed to extend the requirement to the school district's top administrators.
- - - - - - - -
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester Supt. Livingston won't explain modified school standards - 0
- Manchester aldermen go extra, roundabout mile to see firefighter hired - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester school board should be proud of its accomplishments - 1
- Manchester police looking at a possible shift in Maras - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Discussion of tax cap override laced with drama - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Fate of hockey arena put on ice for time being - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Chorus of grumbling grows over Manchester school administration - 10
- City Hall: A half-cheer for beer; Alderman Levasseur drops lawsuit against Greazzo - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Taxing issue resolved, but alderman still angry - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us