Ted Siefer's City Hall: Bramante's 'free' education initiative gets green light
"We ask for no funding from the schools," he told the board. "We believe there are lots of people who will want to see this work, and the money will come."
- - - - - - - - -
Timing can be everything. Maybe this explains the brusque response Mayor Gatsas gave to a motion from Ward 8 school board member Erika Connors at the school board meeting. It was late into an already long session, around 10:30 p.m., when she proposed eliminating the residency requirement for administrators in the district.
Some back story: Gatsas is a big fan of having department heads reside in the city, and he pushed to extend the requirement to the school district's top administrators.
- - - - - - - -
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester aldermen go extra, roundabout mile to see firefighter hired - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester school board should be proud of its accomplishments - 1
- Manchester police looking at a possible shift in Maras - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Discussion of tax cap override laced with drama - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Fate of hockey arena put on ice for time being - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Chorus of grumbling grows over Manchester school administration - 10
- City Hall: A half-cheer for beer; Alderman Levasseur drops lawsuit against Greazzo - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Taxing issue resolved, but alderman still angry - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: With Gatsas back, aldermen increase fees, tighten exemptions - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
City Hall » Events
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507