Ted Siefer's City Hall: Bramante's 'free' education initiative gets green light
"We ask for no funding from the schools," he told the board. "We believe there are lots of people who will want to see this work, and the money will come."
- - - - - - - - -
Timing can be everything. Maybe this explains the brusque response Mayor Gatsas gave to a motion from Ward 8 school board member Erika Connors at the school board meeting. It was late into an already long session, around 10:30 p.m., when she proposed eliminating the residency requirement for administrators in the district.
Some back story: Gatsas is a big fan of having department heads reside in the city, and he pushed to extend the requirement to the school district's top administrators.
- - - - - - - -
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester aldermen go extra, roundabout mile to see firefighter hired - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester school board should be proud of its accomplishments - 1
- Manchester police looking at a possible shift in Maras - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Discussion of tax cap override laced with drama - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Fate of hockey arena put on ice for time being - 3
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Chorus of grumbling grows over Manchester school administration - 10
- City Hall: A half-cheer for beer; Alderman Levasseur drops lawsuit against Greazzo - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Taxing issue resolved, but alderman still angry - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: With Gatsas back, aldermen increase fees, tighten exemptions - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
City Hall » Events
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507