Ted Siefer's City Hall: Bramante's 'free' education initiative gets green light
"We ask for no funding from the schools," he told the board. "We believe there are lots of people who will want to see this work, and the money will come."
- - - - - - - - -
Timing can be everything. Maybe this explains the brusque response Mayor Gatsas gave to a motion from Ward 8 school board member Erika Connors at the school board meeting. It was late into an already long session, around 10:30 p.m., when she proposed eliminating the residency requirement for administrators in the district.
Some back story: Gatsas is a big fan of having department heads reside in the city, and he pushed to extend the requirement to the school district's top administrators.
- - - - - - - -
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Mayor's race shaping up to be a historic one - 5
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Driver's ed program had been run into the ditch - 2
- Proposed tuition rates met with silence in Hooksett - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester residents made it their business to vote - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Teacher patience tested over how students are assessed - 6
- City hall: Police officer residency issue will have to be dealt with - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 6
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Concerns about Ebola part of aldermen's discussion - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Manchester aldermen, public in dark on school intruder - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose