Home » Opinion » Editorials
Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities
She spoke about rising seas and a weakened tourism industry.
Meanwhile, 10.5 million Americans remain out of work, with another 7.2 million employed part time because they cannot find full-time jobs.
Gallup measures "Americans' level of worry about national problems." Its latest survey ranked climate change 14th out of 15 issues. The top five were: "The economy" (59 percent), "federal spending and the budget deficit" (58), "the availability and affordability of health care" (57), "unemployment" (49) and "the size and power of the federal government" (48).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Stocks drift to another record in light trading - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help