Home » News » Public Safety
Fire ravages Cornish home
Firefighters responded to 300 Center Road at 12:31 p.m., Cornish Fire Chief Scott Reuthe said Monday night.
When firefighters arrived, they found “the side toward the road was completely engulfed in flames on the outside,” Reuthe said of the home.
Investigators from the state Fire Marshal’s Office spent three hours investigating the cause of the blaze.
Preliminary findings indicate an improperly disposed of cigarette at the front door, underneath the front deck, caused the fire, Reuthe said.
They were alerted to the blaze because of working smoke detectors in the house, and were able to get out safely, Reuthe said.
Along with first-alarm mutual aid responders Plainfield and Meriden, fire crews came from Claremont and Vermont, including Ascutney, West Windsor and Windsor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.