Home » News » Public Safety
Area firefighters save Nottingham home after chimney fire spreads
NOTTINGHAM – A family of four was able to escape after an early morning fire struck their home along Stage Road.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:46 a.m. Monday after smoke and carbon monoxide alarms sounded at 388 Stage Road.
Firefighter John Ballhardt said firefighters believe the fire began in the chimney from the pellet stove, which the family used until about 11 p.m. the night before. He added the fire then spread to the nearby wall.
Local crews were assisted by firefighters form Barrington, Deerfield and Northwood. Raymond firefighters provided station coverage, according to Ballhardt.
The fire was under control by 3 a.m.
Ballhardt said firefighters believe the fire, which caused minor damage to the home, was accidental.
He said two adults and two children who lived at the home were unharmed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 15
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over