action:frontpage | category:NEWS07 | adString:N/A | zoneID:17

Home » News » Public Safety

March 17. 2014 11:10AM

Area firefighters save Nottingham home after chimney fire spreads

NOTTINGHAM – A family of four was able to escape after an early morning fire struck their home along Stage Road.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:46 a.m. Monday after smoke and carbon monoxide alarms sounded at 388 Stage Road.

Firefighter John Ballhardt said firefighters believe the fire began in the chimney from the pellet stove, which the family used until about 11 p.m. the night before. He added the fire then spread to the nearby wall.

Local crews were assisted by firefighters form Barrington, Deerfield and Northwood. Raymond firefighters provided station coverage, according to Ballhardt.

The fire was under control by 3 a.m.

Ballhardt said firefighters believe the fire, which caused minor damage to the home, was accidental.

He said two adults and two children who lived at the home were unharmed.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events