Home » News » Public Safety
Area firefighters save Nottingham home after chimney fire spreads
NOTTINGHAM – A family of four was able to escape after an early morning fire struck their home along Stage Road.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:46 a.m. Monday after smoke and carbon monoxide alarms sounded at 388 Stage Road.
Firefighter John Ballhardt said firefighters believe the fire began in the chimney from the pellet stove, which the family used until about 11 p.m. the night before. He added the fire then spread to the nearby wall.
Local crews were assisted by firefighters form Barrington, Deerfield and Northwood. Raymond firefighters provided station coverage, according to Ballhardt.
The fire was under control by 3 a.m.
Ballhardt said firefighters believe the fire, which caused minor damage to the home, was accidental.
He said two adults and two children who lived at the home were unharmed.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist