Home » News » Public Safety
'Coffee with a Cop'
‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations
“This is easy, we can do this,” Noyes said he remembered thinking, struck both by the humor — “it sounds kind of crazy,” he conceded — but more importantly by the potential of what “Coffee with a Cop” could do to improve the relationship between his agency and the public.
Waterville Valley was among the first New Hampshire police departments to hold “Coffee with a Cop,” Noyes said, adding that its success was noticed by the program’s founders at the Hawthorne Police Department, who contacted him last fall and asked Waterville Valley to hold a New England-wide forum.
“Anything, you name it, they can talk about it,” said Noyes, adding it is held in a friendly, non-threatening environment.
“The coffee’s on us,” the chief said, and if someone would like to bring a child to a gathering, hot chocolate can also be provided.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 1
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 3
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride