Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Atkinson piano teacher accused of sex assault remains free on bail
John Goodwin, 74, of 23 Academy Lane is charged with a single count of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
The assaults allegedly happened at Goodwin’s home business, Goodwin Music Academy, according to police. The alleged assaults continued until about May 1, 2005, according to a court complaint.
Goodwin was ordered by a judge to have no contact with anyone under the age of 17, including the alleged victim in the case, according to court records.
Police said after Goodwin’s arrest that they were looking into whether the boy was the only victim. Goodwin was still operating his music business at his home when he was arrested.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” Brackett said. “At this point, we don’t have any additional charges.” Police said when they arrived at Goodwin’s home to arrest him in February, he became unresponsive. Goodwin had to taken by ambulance to Exeter Hospital for evaluation, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say cyberstalking victim who committed suicide faced other 'stressors' - 0
- Berlin doctor enters settlement agreement for improperly prescribing drugs - 0
- Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations - 1
- Exeter man charged in two 2013 burglaries - 0
- Documents say former UNH hockey coach allegedly grabbed player's jersey, helmet, and shouted in her face - 0
- Investigators ask public for help with Hernandez case - 3
- Merrimack man arrested in sexual assaults of juvenile - 0
- Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car - 1
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917