Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Atkinson piano teacher accused of sex assault remains free on bail
John Goodwin, 74, of 23 Academy Lane is charged with a single count of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
The assaults allegedly happened at Goodwin’s home business, Goodwin Music Academy, according to police. The alleged assaults continued until about May 1, 2005, according to a court complaint.
Goodwin was ordered by a judge to have no contact with anyone under the age of 17, including the alleged victim in the case, according to court records.
Police said after Goodwin’s arrest that they were looking into whether the boy was the only victim. Goodwin was still operating his music business at his home when he was arrested.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” Brackett said. “At this point, we don’t have any additional charges.” Police said when they arrived at Goodwin’s home to arrest him in February, he became unresponsive. Goodwin had to taken by ambulance to Exeter Hospital for evaluation, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules - 0
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
- Judge denies man’s appeal in boating negligent homicide case - 1
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: Prosecutor says man has convictions dating back to 2006 - 0
- Hudson man accused in $5k theft, forgery case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
- College Football: These Redbirds can run and pass - 0
- Bedford pizza restaurant gets surprise makeover from Eastern Bank - 0
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 1
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 23
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- College Basketball: UNH women top Dartmouth - 0
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483