Plaistow mapping out a plan to improve town forest
Town Manager Sean Fitzgerald said the forest is an extraordinary conservation area for both the town and the region with a number of trails and pathways.
If the town does receive grant money, some if it could be used to better mark the trails and to update the mapping of the forest.
“This is a great project and a great thing for the town of Plaistow,” Sherman said.
Fitzgerald said the town could hear if it is eligible for grant funding within the next six weeks.
If the town is awarded state grant funds, Fitzgerald said he will be back before selectmen to discuss whether the board wants to accept the funds or augment the grants in any way to further move the town forest project along.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
- Manchester aldermanic committee supports ordinance banning 'spice' - 1
- Exeter breaks ground on new YMCA project - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Traffic concerns follow Keene park redesign proposals - 0
- Lebanon officials work to minimize downtown impact from closed tunnel, lot - 0
- Milford sets sights on federal grant for 127 Elm St. property - 0
- Derry completes 2014 property assessments - 0
- Ex-Derry administrator sentenced, plans appeal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 3
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof