Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man steps forward as driver who struck pedestrian in Chesterfield
"At this point, it appears likely it was his vehicle," Chesterfield Police Chief Lester C. Fairbanks said Tuesday.
"We received two pretty quick calls, one saying there was a subject trying to hitchhike, wearing dark clothing around the same time the 911 call came in saying someone had been struck on Route 9," Fairbanks said.
The pedestrian, Adam Colon, 24, of Hinsdale, was taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and then taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Fairbanks said Colon is listed in "stable condition and appears to have broken bones in his legs. … We're told there are no life-threatening injuries."
The Keene man was driving to his job in Brattleboro, Vt., at that time.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Colon would have been difficult to see on the road, Fairbanks said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism