Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man steps forward as driver who struck pedestrian in Chesterfield
"At this point, it appears likely it was his vehicle," Chesterfield Police Chief Lester C. Fairbanks said Tuesday.
"We received two pretty quick calls, one saying there was a subject trying to hitchhike, wearing dark clothing around the same time the 911 call came in saying someone had been struck on Route 9," Fairbanks said.
The pedestrian, Adam Colon, 24, of Hinsdale, was taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and then taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Fairbanks said Colon is listed in "stable condition and appears to have broken bones in his legs. … We're told there are no life-threatening injuries."
The Keene man was driving to his job in Brattleboro, Vt., at that time.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Colon would have been difficult to see on the road, Fairbanks said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'