Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man steps forward as driver who struck pedestrian in Chesterfield
"At this point, it appears likely it was his vehicle," Chesterfield Police Chief Lester C. Fairbanks said Tuesday.
"We received two pretty quick calls, one saying there was a subject trying to hitchhike, wearing dark clothing around the same time the 911 call came in saying someone had been struck on Route 9," Fairbanks said.
The pedestrian, Adam Colon, 24, of Hinsdale, was taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and then taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Fairbanks said Colon is listed in "stable condition and appears to have broken bones in his legs. … We're told there are no life-threatening injuries."
The Keene man was driving to his job in Brattleboro, Vt., at that time.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Colon would have been difficult to see on the road, Fairbanks said.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 3
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof