Deroy Murdock: The federal debt burdens you, not just your kids
"How dare we pass along our bills to our children and grandchildren …yadda, yadda, yadda…ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………"
Even worse, arguing that the national debt will menace "the children" drains this issue of any sense of urgency. Don't curb spending now, liberals believe, although they rarely state the following: Let the little ones grow up and cut government.
• Small or non-corporate businesses saw their borrowing crawl on its belly from $4.1 trillion to $4.2 trillion — an increase of just 2.2 percent.
• Meanwhile, publicly traded debt to local, state, and federal government soared from $9.2 trillion to $15.3 trillion — an increase of 65.9 percent.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Enrollments declining in Hudson, but school budget increases still expected - 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president - 3
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
- Local teacher makes trip to arctic - 0
- Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated - 7
- Scholar of the Month: Plymouth junior operates on 'full-sprint theory' - 0
- Software upgrade delays grades - 0
- Derry School Board to hold forum on Facility Needs Study - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 2
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 3
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection